The Desktop Weather is a simple system tray utility that gives you access to forecast information for locations from around the world. The application comes with a nicely-designed interface, features a built-in search tool, and uses minimum CPU resources while operating on your PC.
All you need to do is to use the integrated search tool to indicate your location (preferably enter city name) and the program will immediately show you the details you need. You can also switch between temperature units (Celsius and Fahrenheit).
Unfortunately, the built-in search tool occasionally fails to display any information. In my testing, I entered "Madrid" and "Rome". The program didn't offer me any weather details. Instead, it displayed the following message: "The keyword you entered did not match any location".
Another thing that bothered me was the fact that you cannot monitor forecasts for different cities from the same window. Also, the program gives you access to weather details only for the current day and the next 2 days.
In conclusion, I'd say you should try a different weather application on your Windows PC or use your default web browser to find the information you need.
- Lets you change temperature units.
- Comes with a search tool.
- Provides you with accurate weather data
- Unable to monitor weather forecasts for multiple cities, from the same window.
- Provides you with forecasts only for the current day and the next 2 days.
- The search tool occasionally fails to display results